Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195; CWM Recovery Installation [Tutorial]
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Rooting and Recovery: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini or we can say that the smaller version of Galaxy S4 and the mid range version of Samsung Family. The main thing in S4 mini is its compact design and rich features which makes it a complete package. If we talk about the design then we’ll find a good plastic body and design is as good as it can be handled easily. In short it is a cute mini phone whose size is perfect and it looks more fashionable.
In technical terms Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has 4.3 Inch HD Super AMOLED Display, 8 GB on-board storage, Micro SD slot and 1900 mAH battery. It has 1.7 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1.5 GB RAM. And in operating system we have 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. So technically it is quite suitable according to its size. 8 MP Camera with a power LED Flash makes it more cute and lovable to users. You can store your unforgettable moments with quite clear picture with a front camera of 1.9 MP for video chatting. These are some advanced features with a compact design makes this Mini “Cute” device different from others. So in this article we are providing you the best way to root Samsung Galaxy Mini S4.
Rooting can be dangerous and your phone can void your warranty. If anything goes wrong then you may end up with a “Bricked” or “Damaged” device. All the tutorials are collected from various sources and our main motive is to provide you the best. if you will need to claim the warranty in the future, neither developers nor TheAndroidos.com will be responsible for that. So follow the tutorials on your own risk.
Precautions to Take While Root and Install Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195
- Make sure that your phone battery is more than 60%, so that you don’t face any problem like shut down of device during Rooting process.
- Disable your PC’s Antivirus and Firewall because they can make an interruption during the process.
- Take a look and do confirm that have you installed all related latest softwares and drivers in your PC? If no then do it first.
- Download and install an USB driver for your Samsung S4 GT-I9195 mini using Samsung KIES.
- Remove your S4’s SD card safely
- Backup your important data before getting into rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging from Developer menu.
Procedure to Root and install CWM Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195
Note: *this tutorial is only for Rooting of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195. Don’t use this on other models.
- Download the root package for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. You’ll download it in the form of compressed or zipped folder. By extracting that you’ll get three files, ODIN 3.07, Insecure Kernel and CWM Package. Install ODIN file from here.
- Now switch off your Galaxy S4 Mini completely and then press Volume Down, Home and Power Button together so that your phone will get into the Download mode.
- Connect your Samsung S4 Mini to PC through USB and wait for some time so that ODIN can detect your device. After that you’ll see added message in the Odin message box. In addition to this the ID: COM box in ODIN will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection.
- After successful connection you have to uncheck F. Reset Time and then click on PDA button.
- After that browse the files from Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and locate the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file.
- Click start to initiate the process. When done, you’ll get a PASS on ODIN window and your phone will reboot automatically. Don’t close ODIN.
- Again BOOT your device to download mode as you have in starting, uncheck F. Reset Time again.
- Click on PDA and browse the same file which was extracted from the root package then select CWM recovery package recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-serranoltexx.tar.md5. Click on Start to initiate the Clockwork Mod recovery flashing process.
- Once the installation process is completed, your phone will reboot automatically.
- Close the ODIN window and switch off your device.
- Enter into recovery mode by pressing the Home, Volume Up and Power keys together.
- When you exit the recovery, it’ll ask you to confirm the rooting process. Select Yes.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini should now be rooted successfully with CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Now Rooting of Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is complete. Users can install related applications from Google play Store.
All Done! We surmise that you’ve fortunately rooted the, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 Smartphone. Well, just in case, the process might stuck or failed in between the process, then please rest assured for the help from our side, and do lets know through the comments section below.